How's your reo Māori looking? Can you pick which is MEKA (true) and which is TEKA (false) when figuring out the correct translation of a title?
Test yourself, share with a friend, and let us know on Facebook or Twitter how you do!
1. The new reo Māori edition of The Noisy Book is called...
a) Hoihoi Turituri
or b) Toitoi Hurihuri
2. Kei Hea A Spot? is the Māori edition of...
a) Who's There, Spot?
or b) Where's Spot?
3. Things In The Sea Are Touching Me is also known as one of these in Māori...
a) Ngā Moa Kei Rō Moana E Whakamā Mai Ana!
or b) Ngā Mea Kei Rō Moana E Whakapā Mai Ana!
4. He Raiona I Roto I Ngā Otaota is the lovely Māori edition of...
a) The Lion in the Meadow
or b) There's A Tiger In The Garden
5. The Stolen Stars of Matariki can also be found as...
a) Ngā Manu Tukutuku E Whitu O Matariki
or b) Ngā Whetū Matariki I Whānakotia
6. Te Hīnga Ake A Māui I Te Ika Whenua is Donovan Bixley's retelling of...
a) How Māui Slowed The Sun
or b) How Māui Fished Up The North Island
7. If you're reading The Bomb in Māori, you're reading...
a) Te Pohū
or b) Te Manu
8. Mahiara is the Māori edition of...
or b) Roadworks
9. Room on the Broom can be found in Māori as...
a) He Pune I Te Marama
or b) He Wāhi I Te Puruma
10. The Māori edition of a classic story, Ngā Poaka E Toru is better known in English as...
a) Goldilocks and the Three Bears
or b) The Three Little Pigs
1. A. Hoihoi Turituri
2. B. Where's Spot?
3. B. Ngā Mea Kei Rō Moana E Whakapā Mai Ana!
4. A. The Lion in the Meadow
5. B. Ngā Whetū Matariki i Whānakotia
6. B. How Māui Fished Up The North Island
7. A. Te Pohū
8. B. Roadworks
9. B. He Wāhi I Te Puruma
10. B. The Three Little Pigs