Test your children's book knowledge every month! Here's a quiz to get you in the Mothers Day spirit ahead of 14 May. Answers are at the bottom of the page. Good luck...
An illustration from My Meerkat Mum
1. In which Neil Gaiman book does the sinister character of the Other Mother appear?
A. The Graveyard Book
C. Fortunately, the Milk
D. Odd and the Frost Giants
2. In the Famous Five books, Aunt Fanny is the mother of _________?
3. In The Man Whose Mother Was a Pirate, what is the man's name?
4. Who is the mother of Jasper and Sibilla in The Travelling Restaurant?
A. Lady Gall
B. Lady Helen
C. Lady Fontania
D. Lady Joan
5. Who is the author of My Meerkat Mum?
A. Ruth Paul
B. Fifi Colston
C. Kathy Watson
D. Diana Noonan
6. What's the name of the mother in Peter Pan and Wendy?
A. April Darling
B. Mary Darling
C. June Darling
D. Jane Darling
7. How many children does picture-book writer Juliette MacIver have?
8. Which New Zealand children's fiction series includes a book called Motherstone?
B. Blood of the Lamb
C. The O Trilogy
9. In The Lion in the Meadow, what does the mother give her son to scare the lion away?
A. A toy dinosaur
B. A cupboard to hide in
C. A magic hat
D. A matchbox with a dragon in it
10. In the Harry Potter books, what's Mrs Weasley's first name?